Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu has said that the diplomatic note sent to the U.S. on Wednesday was the second one sent by Turkey over the condition of jailed Turkish businessman Riza Sarraf.
Cavusoglu's remarks came in response to a lawmaker's question at a Parliamentary session of the Planning and Budget Committee on Thursday.
The minister said that Turkey sent a second diplomatic note to Washington after not getting any response to the first one sent "3-4 days" ago.
Cavusoglu said that following the second note, the Turkish Embassy in Washington got a reply both from the U.S. Department of Justice, and State Department, saying Sarraf had been moved to some other place, and he was safe and in good health.
Sarraf has been in jail in the U.S. pending trial. He was arrested last year on fraud and Iran sanctions-related charges.
Turkish local media have reported that Sarraf was apparently moved after being threatened in a federal holding facility.
Source: Anadolu Agency