At least 14 suspects, including 11 on-duty soldiers, have been arrested across Turkey on Friday for their alleged links to Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO), a police official said.
The suspects were arrested in central Konya, southeastern Diyarbakir, Sanliurfa, Gaziantep and Sirnak provinces, the official, who asked not to be named due to restrictions on talking to the media, said.
The arrests came after Konya Chief Public Prosecutor's Office issued an arrest warrant for the suspects.
Separately, in northwestern Tekirdag province, police held two suspects as part of a probe into the organization's structure in Turkish Armed Forces.
Ankara Chief Public Prosecutor's Office also issued arrest warrants for 23 teachers in the capital over alleged use of ByLock app while working at FETO-linked schools, which were shut down after the defeated coup.
The ByLock mobile app was allegedly used by FETO members during last year's deadly defeated coup attempt.
Meanwhile, the trial of 221 suspects, involved in the incidents at the Turkish General Staff during the last year's defeated coup, continued in capital Ankara.
The Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO) and its U.S.-based leader Fetullah Gulen orchestrated the defeated coup on July 15, 2016, which left 250 people martyred and nearly 2,200 injured.
Ankara also accuses FETO of being behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police, and judiciary.
Source: Anadolu Agency