ADANA, Turkey : Six suspects accused of deadly dormitory fire in southern Turkey's Adana province were remanded in custody Sunday, a judiciary source said.
Earlier in the day, four people including Cumali Genc, the dormitory manager and Ismail U., the head of a foundation connected with the dormitory, were remanded, the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on talking to media, said.
Two more suspects, who are board members of the foundation, were remanded in custody, the source added.
At least 12 bodies were recovered after the fire broke out in a private girls' dormitory in the Aladag district on Nov. 29.
Some 24 people, including eight adults, were either affected by smoke or hurt while trying to escape the burning building.
Source: Anadolu Agency