The demolition of a risky ten-story building next to Wednesday's collapsed Istanbul building started on Sunday.
The inside and around of the building had been completely evacuated and an announcement for safety was made, following the necessary vehicles' arrival to the demolition site.
Turkey's Minister of Environment and Urbanization Murat Kurum and Istanbul Governor Ali Yerlikaya were at the scene for demolition works.
Murat Kurum early Sunday said ten apartments around the collapsed building were analyzed and eight of them were handed a demolition order.
The seven-story building in Istanbul's Kartal district collapsed Wednesday for reasons as yet unknown.
A total of 35 people were believed to be trapped under the wreckage and all of them were recovered, Turkey's Interior Minister said on Saturday.
Fourteen out of 35 people were rescued from the debris, while 21 others lost their lives.
Source: Anadolu Agency